1Password 6 won't open on my Mac after I received info on the 1Password 7 update

Options

I have 1password 6.8.9 running on a Macbook Pro. I downloaded a copy of 1Password 7 to see what it offered, and realized I had to purchase a subscription to be able to add new passwords to it.

I removed 1password 7 from my system by moving it to the trash. This did not help. Neither several restarts and closing the app and reopen etc.
I attempted to delete the 1Password icon from my app tray at the bottom and open it from the Finder Window - this did not work.

This is what happens:
-- I double click on 1Password.app (Version 6.8.9 in Applications folder)
-- The large window with "Enter your Master Password" appears, I enter my Password and "return". Then the dots become grey, but nothing happens (no opening of the treasure) However, the key symbol is open, and the icon toggles back and forth from grey to blue. I have to use Force Quit to exit the program.

The 1Password icon is now in my tray at the bottom of the screen I get a progress line that says "Connecting to 1Password Mini." However, I then get a window that says "1Password failed to connect to 1Password Mini. Please restart 1Password. If this does not help please contact AgileBits support."

Please help me fix this problem.

1Password Version: 6.8.9 (689001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Big Sur version 11.6.1
Referrer: forum-search:my 1password 6 will not open

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @janettehardy!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email with the same question. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: BYU-14259-755

This discussion has been closed.