For license item types, is it possible to obscure the license key the same way passwords are obscur?

Options
Vash
Vash
Community Member
edited December 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

On a screen share or something, I occasionally need to log in to some system. It would be nice if license keys were obscured the same way passwords are so if someone over your shoulder, recording, or on a screen share isn't able to use that license key to download and install software as me.

Also, I know it's probably not the greatest idea to do a quick search while on a screen share in 1Password, but I do maintain a strong discipline about not having anything sensitive saved anywhere it can be seen. It would be nice if license keys made it possible to maintain sensitivity there as well. Maybe a second suggestion would be (if browsers/screen share tech makes it possible) to not show the 1PasswordX popup when on screen share.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Vash!

Yes, you can use a custom password field for this, and make it look like this:

• Vash
    Vash
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for the help! I suppose this is more of a feature request then that I was asking could be considered since, for me, it feels like a security issue that nobody should have to think about generally and take extra steps for every license item to implement themselves. I would consider license keys sensitive in the same way as passwords, whereas other information which is generally visible (such as version) doesn't feel as sensitive.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Vash!

I would consider license keys sensitive in the same way as passwords

I don't think they can be compared to passwords, but I see how it could be useful to mask this information in certain scenarios like the one you showed. I will be happy to pass the feedback to the team :+1:

This discussion has been closed.