No more stationary 1Password? How to migrate to 1Password Beta 8?

Options
Miroslaw
Miroslaw
Community Member

Hello, 1Password Team,

I have la stationary license (using it on iMac and laptop. If I understand properly, there will be no more stationay versions of 1Password availabe. To upgrade to 1Password 8 Beta, I would need to purchase a subscribtion. In the email I got from you, there is an advise suggesting migrating via iCloud (I do not use DropBox). If I decide to upgrade, how should I proceed with the migration?

Regardless above question, Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year to the Team

Kind regards,
Miroslaw Adamowski

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 7.9.2
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1
Referrer: forum-search:No more stationary 1Password? How to migrate to 1Password 8 Beat with iCloud?

Comments

• Hello @Miroslaw! 👋

You are correct that 1Password 8 is designed to take advantage of the features and technical capabilities of 1Password memberships. If you're currently using a standalone license then you can get started with a 1Password account here: https://start.1password.com/sign-up

Once you've signed up for an account you can migrate your standalone vaults to the account using this guide: Migrate your existing 1Password data from standalone vaults to a 1Password account

I recommend that you send us an email to support@1Password.com letting our team know that you're upgrading to an account, we're currently offering discounts for longtime license users and I'm sure that our team would be able to offer you a discount. :)

• Miroslaw
    Miroslaw
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Dave_1P

Thank you very much. I will probably go ahead with the upgrade pretty soon, and the discount you are offering is surely a thing to think about ;). Thanks a lot once again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good @Miroslaw! And on behalf of Dave, you are very welcome :) If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• Miroslaw
    Miroslaw
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, @ag_ana

I am sure I might need some assistance to avoid any mistakes in the process of transition from stationary license to the account one.
    As @Dave_1P advised, I am going to contact your Support Team soon, to have everything arranged flawlessly.

Have a 1Passtastic Holidays and all the best in New Year :)
    Miroslaw

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good @Miroslaw, and Happy holidays to you too!

This discussion has been closed.