How do I hide a vault in 1Password 8.5.0

aeu2357
aeu2357
Community Member
edited December 2021 in Windows

I upgraded to the new 1Password and now I cannot figure out how to hide certain vaults from view/search. This is very annoying because I do a search and get tons of results from the wrong vaults and takes me time to find the right one. Help, please!

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I hide a vault in 1Password 8.5.0-57

Comments

• 1PNY
    1PNY
    Community Member

Suggestion: Uninstall 1Password 8, install 1Password 7. That works there just fine for me. This is one of the many problems I had with 8 and just gave up on it.

• Hi @aeu2357:

Creating a new Collection by clicking your name in the top left, then "Create a Collection" will allow you to select vaults you would like to be shown in that Collection. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• keitht1958
    keitht1958
    Community Member

i created collection and shows 2 vaults which is good but if i select 2 vaults it shows wrong picture but if i select 1 vault then it shows correct picture can this be edited

• Hey @keitht1958:

Currently collection icons cannot be changed from the one that is selected by default when picking the included vaults. I can definitely see how it would be useful to change the collection icon however, so I've added your input to an issue we have tracking this. Thanks!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#7077

• J4rm4n
    J4rm4n
    Community Member
    edited January 2022

The collection solution works as long as you are viewing / searching within the 1Password app, but multiple vault results still show up whenever you are looking for usernames / passwords through the browser extension (Firefox, in my case). Could you please fix that?

• Hey @J4rm4n:

Thanks for your feedback. This is something we're discussing with the developers, and I've added your input to the issue we have regarding this. In the meantime, if there's a vault you'd like to hide, it can be disabled by right clicking the 1Password icon in your toolbar, then Settings > Accounts & Vaults.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#12088

• aeu2357
    aeu2357
    Community Member

Creating a Collection worked. Thanks, Jack!

• Glad to hear that worked for you @aeu2357! Be sure to get in touch if you need anything in the future! :smile:

• davidajohnson12
    davidajohnson12
    Community Member

Hey @Jack.P_1P - I don't see the "Accounts & Vaults" section in settings. Is that only applicable to 1Password 7? Thanks!

• Hello @davidajohnson12,

Thanks for your message. Jack was referring to the setting in 1Password in the browser. If you right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, then select Settings and scroll to the bottom of the page, do you see the Accounts & Vaults section there?

If you are looking to hide vaults in the the 1Password app, creating a new Collection will allow you to select vaults you would like to include in that Collection.

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

• davidajohnson12
    davidajohnson12
    Community Member

@ag_mike_d - Thanks so much for following up. I do see that in the browser settings. Much appreciated!

• Hello again @davidajohnson12 - you're most welcome!

• g3rv4
    g3rv4
    Community Member

fwiw, the solution that worked for me was removing my view / edit access to the vault

• Hi @g3rv4! I'm glad to hear that you were able to find a workaround that works for you. Thanks for taking the time to share it here 😄

This discussion has been closed.