1Password 8 - Search broken - aka "You had one job"

Options
Cyber40014
Cyber40014
Community Member

I have close to 600 entries spread over multiple (>5) vaults and till now I was able to decide just to search one vault by selecting it.
E.g. searching for all accounts using email address a@b.c

It seems the whole search in 1Password 8 is broken.
I even created a collection with just that one vault so the search shows "Search in " in the serchbar.
The moment I hit ctrl+enter to actually see all results I searches again in all vaults. Before I won't be able to see more than 8ish entries in a temporary dropdown.

How am I now able to search only in one specific vault while I want to see the results and not only a temporary dropdown of 8ish entries?
How am I now able to search within a selection of tags etc? How am I now able to actually use the "fat" application?

At the moment this renders the application fully useless for me. A password managager needs 3 simple features,
everything else is nice to have:

• Let the user store entries
  • Let the user search for entries
  • Let the user open the entries

Is there a roadmap out for v8? Not really a fan of being a beta tester within the production channel.

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• 1PNY
    1PNY
    Community Member
    Options

I suggest you downgrade to 1Password 7. I had so many problems with search (it won't find things at all sometimes, if they are field names instead of content for example), version 8 was just unusable.

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

Search in 1PW8 is completely broken. Your example of searching for a@b.c will only work if you start at the beginning of the address. Searching for just a part of it doesn't work. The answers I got from support were the typical "we are listening... this will/might improve in future... but now we are supporting unicode search..." Basically 1PW8 is not ready for every day use. This is critical (show stopper) bug. 1PW8 is the only application I know with such a substandard broken search,

• Cyber40014
    Cyber40014
    Community Member
    Options

Well. Just also heard v8 will not support local vaults too.
    Soo i guess v7 will be the last version I use.
    Annoying especially because I „just“ moved from lastpass.
    Maybe time to give it another try. (Or Bitwarden)

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

Somewhere hidden in the forums was a survey about hosting your own vaults. But taking into account that Agilebits doesn't even bother to fix the most obvious bugs like broken search, keyboard prefs ignoring non US keyboards, useless sidebar for many users... I'm pretty sure the result of the survey will be ignored.

This discussion has been closed.