new inline 1password in ios safari not appearing

smith9
smith9
Community Member

I was watching the blog video https://blog.1password.com/1password-for-safari/
where it shows password entry and selection in the entry field rather than in the keyboard area of ios safari.
In entry fields in ios safari, I see a 1Password icon with a padlock
and under the field I see "Please unlock 1Password from the toolbar icon"

What/Where is the toolbar icon? I can't see one. The icons I see at bottom of browser are Back/Forward/Share/Bookmark and New Page

PS, why do you ask for the "1Password Extension Version(s)" in the iOS category - I could not find any details for this in iOS?

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.1.1
Referrer: forum-search:inline 1password in ios safari

Comments

• smith9
    smith9
    Community Member

Screenshot for above issue

• smith9
    smith9
    Community Member

If I click in the entry field in above screen, I see keyboard suggestions:
    "for this we...-1Password <myemail@mydomain>"
    "Hide My Email"
    "Black Key Icon"

So is using the keyboard and face Id combo to fill the field, I see no inline stuff as shown in the blog video

• smith9
    smith9
    Community Member

For anyone else struggling with this, here is what I found so far:
    When iOS safari 15, in the address bar there is an icon with text "aA" and jigsaw icon.
    Pressing the icon shows a popup menu with "Manage Extensions", "1Password" and others...
    I think I may have unlocked it via that "1Password".

I can also see if I open iOS 1Password, "Settings" icon at bottom of 1Password App.
    Which shows "Safari Extension"
    and that has entry for "Require Authorization After" - 1 Day.

I am guessing that means that I may have to unlock every day? Will have to wait and see tomorrow perhaps?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@smith9:

I am guessing that means that I may have to unlock every day? Will have to wait and see tomorrow perhaps?

That's correct, but you can also extend that to 1 week in the settings area you mentioned, if you prefer :+1:

• smith9
    smith9
    Community Member

Are you saying that if I want to use the inline password feature that I have to enter my password once a week?
    Isn't that what face id is for? That seems a dumb choice to me considering ones password may not be easy to type and leads to people choosing simpler passwords.

• @smith9 You'll only need to enter your account password the first time that you authenticate 1Password for Safari. For subsequent unlocks you can use Face ID as long as Face ID is also enabled and active for the main 1Password app.

Let me know if that helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.