Old working pass on iphone, new lost pass on Mac

Options
Goodnight
Goodnight
Community Member

So.... I can't remember my Master Password right after I changed it. My old Master password opens 1pass on my iPhone, but not the Mac. This is great as I can still access my passwords. Two questions: Can I somehow use the working iPhone old account /Master password to change the Master password of both the iPhone and Mac to something new? Secondly, is there a way to save the password data on the iPhone? I'm just waiting for the two accounts to sync and lose all my data.

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Goodnight

If you unlock 1Password on your iPhone and look in the Personal vault within your 1Password account, do you see a Login item for 1Password.com? If so, this should contain the correct account password. If you do not have this item, the safest way to proceed would be to sign up for a new trial account and to move all data you want to keep to that trial account. Please be sure to print the Emergency Kit and write in the account password for the new account:

Get to know your Emergency Kit

Once the data is safely in an account that you know the password for our team can help you cancel & delete the old account and move any remaining credit/balance over to the new one. To facilitate that please reach out to us at support+forum@1password.com via email and include a link to this thread (https://1password.community/discussion/126129) as well as your forum username (Goodnight). Shortly after you email in you'll get an automated reply from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here so we can 'connect the dots.'

Ben

P.S. It sounds like you may have a "Primary" vault on the iPhone. Once things get sorted out that should be deleted as well.

This discussion has been closed.