Restore not working on recent backups

rs500cat
rs500cat
Community Member

My iCloud sync installation stopped working today (the system no longer accepted my master password). After a number of attempts I did a complete uninstall and re-installed vsn 7.9.2. After the re-installation the system will not load any backups past July of this year into a local database. When this July backup is restored all 200 records appear as blank entries. Exporting and re-importing the blank entries fixes them. However this still only gets me back to July. Any assistance in getting a more recent backup to work would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Ron

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Referrer: forum-search:backup not restore

Comments

• rs500cat
    rs500cat
    Community Member

Clarification, when a more recent backup is restored no entries are loaded.
    Thanks, Ron

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rs500cat:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• sammy_j
    sammy_j
    Community Member

@rs500cat and @ag_ana , After restoring from backup, what has been my experience is that, you have to shut down 1P completely and restart with the master password for it to show all the entries. Just restoring will show only zero entries. Something to try, @rs500cat .

• rs500cat
    rs500cat
    Community Member

Unfortunately a complete close and computer restart did not solve the issue. I have not heard back after sending the diagnostics report and do not yet have a ticket number.
    Thanks, Ron

• @sammy_j

Yes, a complete quit helps in my experience.

• @rs500cat

It looks like one of my colleagues is working with you. Please accept my apologies for any delayed responses. We're working as quickly as possible to answer everyone's questions.

This discussion has been closed.