Modify tags on multiple items simultaneously / bulk tag

ajh0912
ajh0912
Community Member

In 1Password 7, a nice feature was having the right click menu option showing all tags relevant to items in the current display list, with the option to bulk remove or add from this list of shown tags or manually type a tag name. Unfortunate this feature isn't present in 1Password 8 (yet?)

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hi @ajh0912! Thanks for your message. I apologize for the delay in response.

I understand that you would like to see some advanced Tag functionality within 1Password 8. The team is continuing to work on and build out new and updated features in 1Password 8. While can't speak specifically to when or if this type of feature request with Tags can be implemented, other customers have shown interest and I have added you comments to the open feature request we have filed. :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#651

• p4ul
    p4ul
    Community Member

I have just recently moved to 1Password on Windows and would also like this feature. The first thing I wanted to do was clean up the imported tags but it seems there's currently no easy way to do this.

• Hi @p4ul:

Thanks for your feedback, I've added your input to the feature request Mike mentioned above. :smile:

Jack

• timjo
    timjo
    Community Member

This is a +1 for me also

• Hello @timjo, Thanks for letting us know you'd like to see further improvements the tag functionality in 1Password 8.

Currently, you are able to tag multiple items at the same time by selecting multiple items and dragging those items over and existing tag in the left-sidebar. In the meantime, I have added your request to the item we're tracking internally. Have a great day!

ref: IDEA-I-769

• OLCE
    OLCE
    Community Member

+1 for me also

• ag_mike_d
    edited September 2022

Thanks for your vote @OLCE, this has been recorded. 👍

ref: IDEA-I-769

• Hi folks,

Just an update, in the latest 1Password 8.9.5 update, you can now right-click on a tag in the sidebar to rename it in addition to deleting.

We'll continue to iterate and add more advanced tagging features.

This discussion has been closed.