Ability to unlock with Apple Watch doesn't appear anymore

Zjaaspoer
Zjaaspoer
Community Member

Hi, very happy user of 1Password, great tool! 🙏

For a long time, I used my Apple Watch to unlock 1Password. For a while (weeks?) the option to unlock with my Apple Watch doesn't appear anymore. The following seems relevant:

• Doesn't matter if I entered my password a few times minutes before, it never appears (I know you have to enter your password after e.g. going to sleep
  • Disabled and enabled Use your Apple Watch to unlock apps and your Mac in System Preferences -> Security & Privacy a few times: didn't help
  • Disabled and enabled Touch ID in 1Password's Preferences: didn't help
  • watchOS is running the latest version (8.1)
  • I searched for previous occurrences of similar bugs, but most of them were when you still enabled and disabled the functionality with a checkbox in the preferences of 1Password (which is now replaced by a button saying Set Up Apple Watch which opens the System Preferences -> Security & Privacy)

Please let me know if I can provide additional information.

1Password Version: 7.9.1 (Mac App Store)
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: MacOS 12.0.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Zjaaspoer!

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• califgrll
    califgrll
    Community Member

I'm unable to unlock 1Password on my 27-inch 202 iMac with my Apple Watch. I've read and followed by the Apple and 1Password setup instructions, but it never works. I double-click on my watch, but 1Password doesn't open on my Mac--even though the app shows the watch icon. Instead, I get a message asking for my 1Password password! What gives?

• Hi @califgrll

Are you seeing the Apple Watch icon on the 1Password lock screen? If so, and if you click it, do you see this prompt?

When that pops up you should get a notification on your watch prompting you to double tap to unlock. Please let me know where in the process this is breaking down.

Ben

• @califgrll

To add to what Ben has said, please make sure you double-click the watch's square button. Some folks have mistakenly thought they should click the crown. Also, the click is a relatively quick process. I wear my watch on the opposite wrist, and it took some time to become accustomed to the double-clicking speed.

This discussion has been closed.