Issues with 1Password 8 (macOS)

Options
Eylandt
Eylandt
Community Member
edited January 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello.

After installing the beta version I'm a bit confused. The keyboard shortcut that used to open the Safari extension window so I could quickly unlock it and fill, doesn't work anymore (CMD+'). There doesn't seem to be any shortcut set up to show 1Password and the Fill in Browser shortcut doesn't seem to work (at least the one that I've used since forever up until 1Password 8.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
PS. I've disabled "Integrate with 1Password" because it started to annoy me that in order to unlock 1Password it switched from full screen Safari to 1Password window on another desktop.

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: macOS 12.2

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Eylandt

I've disabled "Integrate with 1Password"

Not having integration with the app enabled would be the problem. The shortcut "Fill in Browser" only does anything if the two are talking to each other.

Ben

• Eylandt
    Eylandt
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Ben
    So I re-enabled the integration but it's still not working right.

Problem:

• 1Password is locked while trying to fill username and password
    • I press CMD+' to open 1Password app
    • I unlock 1Password and after that it switches back to Safari window
    • In Safari the extension shows that it's still locked and it does't offer to fill in username and password
    • I have to click on the extension icon and when I do that it unlocks the extension

It's like the extension doesn't get the info from the main app that it's unlocked until I click on the extension icon in Safari.
    Safari extension version is now 2.2.1

• Nhat_Nguyen
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hello @Eylandt,

Thank you for the detailed information about what happens. Please give your computer a restart to see if it makes a difference? Please send me 1Password logs and a new diagnostics report from your computer to our support page if that doesn't work. support+x@1password.com

You can follow the steps here to create a diagnostics report from your computer:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

You can try the steps here to create 1Password's logs: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/

This discussion has been closed.