New Password Entry Bug

mcewanbr
mcewanbr
Community Member

Tonight, I was on my iPhone browsing bestbuy.com to make a purchase. When it asked for me to sign in or create a new account, I decided to create a new account despite already having one with an old email address. The old login was filed in 1Password under Best Buy.

I created the new account and login using the 1Password browser integration. Despite hitting Save and Fill, it did not save my password.

I reset my password a few times and used the same process to save the entry in 1Password but it still would not save.

I then opened 1Password and added the entry. After I hit Save, it showed my entry but when I went back to all logins, it disappeared again.

I did try naming it the same as the old login: Best Buy. So thinking it was that 1Password wasn't handling a duplicate entry correctly I renamed the old entry to Best Buy - OLD and created the new one as Best Buy and that worked.

I then tried creating a new unique login named 1111. After I hit Save and went back to all logins, the login disappeared again.

So as it stands, I cannot consistently add a new login and retain it.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.2

Comments

• Alvin.L_1P
    edited January 2022

Hi @mcewanbr

I'm sorry about the troubles you've experienced with saving a new item on your iPhone. Since you've also sent us an email about this, and we'll likely need to take a closer look at your setup to see where any issues are, I'm going to close this thread to avoid duplicating our efforts. We'll continue our conversation via email. Thanks!

Alvin

ref: CEP-18783-971

This discussion has been closed.