Thank you for giving beta testers (existing users) 6 free months of 1Password [Windows beta]

Options
XIII
XIII
Community Member

Received an email from Sara Teare with this fragment:

As a small way to show our thanks to all of you who have helped us along the way, we’re applying a 6-month credit to your 1Password account. We’re going to apply this directly to your account so there isn’t any work on your side - you’ve already done a lot by providing so much valuable feedback!

Thank you!

Finally some TLC for existing uses; appreciated.

AgileBits Update: This was a promotion for those who had been participating in the 1Password 8 for Windows beta prior to the email going out.

Comments

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

I presume that'll only be for people who happen to use the same email address for their 1Password membership as they do on these forums. Unfortunately I don't... or my feedback hasn't been valuable!! :p

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

I presume that'll only be for people who happen to use the same email address for their 1Password membership as they do on these forums.

I use different email addresses for 1Password and this forum, but I did get a credit on my billing page, it seems (I see a different balance).

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member
    Options

How can I get this? I've been a tester for several years but my account is paid for by another family member.

• will21
    will21
    Community Member
    Options

@XIII Thank you for sharing! Are there any criteria required to receive this credit aside from simply using a Beta version?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hey @rctneil

Did you receive the email from Sara? If not please shoot me an email to support+forum@1password.com from the email address associated with your 1Password account and I can look into this for you (post the support ID here when you get it).

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@snozdop

Having a forum account was not required for this recognition. We do certainly appreciate your feedback. ❤️ If you've signed into a 1Password account using the beta you should've gotten Sara's email at the address associated with that 1Password account.

Ben

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2021
    Options

@will21

These lists may not be exhaustive but the criteria I'm aware of for the thank you email was:

• Has signed into a 1Password account using the 1Password 8 for Windows beta version prior to the email going out

On top of that to get the credit the account would have to be:

• Billed through us directly (we cannot add credits for accounts billed via Apple for e.g., unfortunately)
    • Not a free account, such as one tied to a 1Password Business membership
    • Not a 1Password Business/1Password Teams account

For example, I received the thank you at my 1Password Families membership account's associated email, but I did not receive the credit because that membership is effectively paid for by my association between it and the AgileBits business account (this is one of the perks of 1Password Business).

If you had not installed the 1Password 8 for Windows beta before the email went out, you wouldn't have been eligible I'm afraid.

If anyone feels they should've received the credit and did not please feel free to reach out and we can take a look.

Ben

Edited to clarify this was a promotion for 1Password 8 for Windows beta users

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben

No emails from Sara to my 1Password account email address, and I've been using 1Password beta's for years - v7 previously and now v8 for a few months.

• Ben
    Options

@XIII

Thanks for saying so! We're ecstatic to have had all of the constructive input which continues to help us direct our efforts on 1Password 8. 😍

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@snozdop

I'm sorry about that. Perhaps it went to spam? Either way I'd be happy to look into it for you. Please email me at support+forum@1password.com from the email address associated with your 1Password account (and post the support ID here when you get it).

Ben

• will21
    will21
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @Ben ! Lightning fast and detailed response much appreciated.

Yay! Turns out I meet those criteria. I will email you at support+forum@1password.com from the email address associated with my account, and will post the support ID here.

• will21
    will21
    Community Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

And thank you @XIII for the TLC! :)

• will21
    will21
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben Thank you again! I've received the below Support ID -

[#RZS-23783-375]

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @will21. Will get back to you via email ASAP.

Ben

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben Thanks. Not in spam unfortunately. Here's my support ID: #BEM-11636-115

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @snozdop. I'll reply to your email shortly. I've also updated my reply here (as well as the OP) to clarify what the criteria for this specific promotion was.

Ben

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2021
    Options

All,

To clarify what this specific promotion was all about: this was a thank you to everyone who helped us get the 1Password 8 for Windows beta past the goal and into a stable release. We haven't released a stable version of 1Password 8 for Mac at this point, and Mac users were not included in this particular offering (unless they were also 1Password 8 for Windows beta users). Hopefully we'll be able to offer a similar thing again in the future. :+1: For right now though the promo we ran was for 1Password 8 for Windows beta testers who had installed that app prior to the promo going out. I apologize for any confusion created on that point.

Happy holidays. :)

Ben

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Ben. And thanks for your email reply and clarification.

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. :)

Ben

• will21
    will21
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben! Loving the Mac Beta so far. Happy Hurlidays!

• Ben
    Options

Happy to help! Glad to hear you're enjoying the Mac beta!

Ben

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben My support ID is [#AJF-94238-591]

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben Ah, just noticed this was only applied to those participating in the Windows beta. I've been a beta tester for quite a number of Mac and iOS releases.

Any love for us Mac peeps? If not then don't worry, it's fun to participate and see upcoming features and versions in advance.

• Ben
    Options

As this was a celebration for the stable release of 1Password for Windows it made sense to explicitly thank those who have helped us test the 1Password 8 for Windows beta. As far as I remember this is the first time we've tried something like this. We'll monitor the feedback from it and perhaps we can do it again in the future. :)

Ben

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

I also got that email from Sara. Thanks a lot! :)

• Just want to add a quick note of appreciation for everyone who has provided feedback for 1Password 8 for Windows. 🤝 Community members helped improve the app substantially, and the impact of that will continue to amplify in the months ahead, too (since it wasn't possible to implement every suggestion in the time we've had so far). We're looking forward to putting more of your ideas and requests into practice!

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

@XIII Just received a similar email from Sara Teare in response to the Mac beta, saying:

Thank you for bringing your 1Password passion to this beta and helping us create something amazing. We’d like to say thank you, and as a token of our appreciation, we're applying one month of credit to your 1Password account. We will apply this credit automatically over the coming weeks, so there is no action needed on your part - you’ve already done so much.

Anyone else got this? I wonder why Mac users' feedback is only worth one-sixth of Window's users feedback - despite the beta period being longer and much more active and productive? 🤷🏼‍♂️

• ACSpooky
    ACSpooky
    Community Member
    Options

When I saw the comment I came i in to see if it was a mistake. Nope. I am appreciative of the free month, but it is a little weird. I guess they are really trying to increase their Windows user base? I use Windows every day, but since it is in a VM or Remote I’ve gotten by with 1Password for Mac. 🤔

This discussion has been closed.