Search in windows desktop client

Options
tharsis
tharsis
Community Member

When typing anything in the seach while "all items" selected no filter occurs at all.
The chrome extention is working fine, however not seeing it in the desktop app.

Anyone else seeing this?

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows10

Comments

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

Search in the desktop app is a mess. It searches only at the beginning or full words but no substrings. The extension uses the 'old' working search implementation. AgileBits knows about it and the only answers I got were "but we now have much better unicode support" and "we are still thinking how to improve search in a future version".
    This major bug alone is a reason that the release of 1PW8 should have been postponed.

• Hi @tharsis:

Just to make sure that I understand fully where you're running into trouble, if you have an item named "Test Item" (for example) and you type "test item" in the search bar, you do not see a result dropdown like so?

Let me know, and I'll be able to dig in further with you.

Jack

• tharsis
    tharsis
    Community Member
    Options

@jack.platten I didn't update this thread but what happend was the search box never appeared (the likely real bug) so no filtering at all occured (I'm still new to 1p so didn't know to look for it). I restarted my PC at some point so now the search box appears it's working ok.

I've not found any way to reproduce the searchbox not appearing, suspect it was some weird edge combination of not rebooting and pc going into sleep and updating my video card drivers.

If i can work out how to reproduce I'll update.

• Hi @tharsis:

Thanks for the update! If you do run into any issues with your search bar disappearing again, let us know and we'll be able to dig in further!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.