1password suggests the wrong email address

Options

(1password on Chrome on Mac OS)

I have a 1password family account. Two family members, call them A and B, are trying to share a nytimes.com account and the account uses A's email, for concreteness pretend it is a@a.com. The login with A's email is in a vault shared by both A and B and both A and B have identities with multiple different email addresses stored in vaults that they do not share with each other. When B tries to log in, 1password only suggests B's emails b@b.com and b2@b.com. The email entry page and the password page for nytimes.com are on two separate pages if that matters.

Is there a way to get 1password to suggest the correct email in this case?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: 11.6

Comments

• @PEBKAC

I've done some testing and, you're right, it appears that 1Password is suggesting email addresses from your Identity item, rather than the correct Login that you have saved in your vault. I've reported this to our development team, hopefully we can have this remedied in an upcoming release. In the meantime, to autofill your credentials on nytimes.com, I'd recommend clicking the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choosing Autofill from there. I realize this is not ideal but should achieve what you're after.

ref: dev/core/core#10413

This discussion has been closed.