How to stop generating ANY special characters

Options
msandman1943
msandman1943
Community Member
edited December 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

1Password 7 for Mac: I've found many, many similar questions going back to 2016, but no good answers, but maybe I'm missing something.
When 1Password suggests a password with special characters and the website rejects those characters, I can't change the suggestion by just deleting the special characters. Every suggestion includes a special character or two. How do I prevent ANY special characters from being included for that website? I don't want to turn off special characters globally, because many sites require one. Is there a solution I've missed?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 12.1
Referrer: forum-search:special characters

Comments

• @msandman1943

If you're on a site where the Smart Password generator does not meet the site requirements, you can generate a custom random password, without symbols, directly from the extension. To do so, click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, followed by Generate Password. From here you can disable symbols from the options and then save/copy the password to fill into the site. If I've misunderstood, let me know and I'll be happy to elaborate further.

• msandman1943
    msandman1943
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect -- Thank you!

• @msandman1943

You are most welcome! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.