I need to print out my passwords in the event of my death. How?

Options
Ceecee
Ceecee
Community Member

How do I print out my passwords from my 1pass app?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I print out my list of passwords?

Comments

• Huuuze
    Huuuze
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not certain you can do this via the mobile app. Do you have the desktop app?

• Hello @Ceecee! 👋

@Huuuze is correct: the 1Password app on the iPhone and iPad doesn't yet have the ability to export and print your items and you would need to use the 1Password app on either a Mac or Windows PC in order to do so. Theoretically, you can export your data to a CSV file and then print the CSV file using this guide: How to export data from 1Password

However, I don't recommend exporting or printing your passwords since that will remove them from the secure and encrypted environment of 1Password. Any exported or printed copy of your passwords will be in plain text and so will be readable by anyone who views it. In addition to this if you change any of your passwords in the future the exported or printed copy will become outdated.

If you have a 1Password account then a better option is to download and save your Emergency Kit. You can print out the Emergency Kit and write down your Master Password. Then you can store the Emergency Kit in a personal safe or provide it to your lawyer to store somewhere secure. Using the Emergency Kit your family, executors or lawyer will be able to access your 1Password account in an emergency situation.

Let me know if that helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.