2FA with Paypal using (either?) PayPal or 1password

Options
basurerito
basurerito
Community Member

I'm not sure about the benefit for using 2FA with 1password for e.g. PayPal.
I do have set up 2FA directly with PayPal, that is, I'm using email login plus 6-digit number, either with an auth app or via SMS.

Now 1pw suggests me to use its 2FA function .. so what's the benefit here to use 1pw instead of PayPal directly sending me a code?
I must admit I didn't get it :-( How does it work. That's probably the same with other sites, but I first stumbled upon it using PayPal ..

That's system-agnostic, not sure in which section to put this question ..

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.2

Comments

• @basurerito

• Security — 1Password encrypts all of the data you store in it using your Master Password. That's not always the case with other "authenticator" apps, and it is even unclear in some cases how the data is being secured, stored, and/or transmitted.

• Availability — If you're syncing your encrypted 1Password data to multiple devices, you've got a failsafe if one is lost, stolen, or destroyed. And in the case of a 1Password.com membership, automatic offsite backup and item history, as well as access through the web interface even if all of your devices are gone.

• Convenience — Along the same lines as availability, it's just easier to be able to access it across multiple devices seamlessly. For example, my phone isn't always handy, but I can also use my Mac etc.

Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication

This discussion has been closed.