Unable to share or copy link to share on iOS

1PWUser_5423556
1PWUser_5423556
Community Member

When trying share a 1Password login using the new link sharing feature, the link cannot be seen, copied, or shared.

The button "copy" changes to "copied" when pressed however it does not copy the link to the clipboard. The share buttons does nothing as well.
Reproducible on all devices i have tried. iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Pro 11 inch 2nd gen, iPhone 7 and iPhone 12.

This feature is working on my windows computers.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@1pwuser31547:

Do you have a 1Password account added to the 1Password for iOS app? (1Password app > Settings > Accounts)

• 1PWUser_5423556
    1PWUser_5423556
    Community Member

Hi ag_ana,

Yes i do have an account added to the 1Password iOS app.

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member
    edited January 2022

I'm also experiencing this issue, it only happens with the 1 day or 1 hour options

When the issue occurs, the Close button doesn't work either so you have to force quit the app

When I tried to screen record, to send to Agilebits support, I couldn't reproduce the problem. When not screen recording the problem exhibits itself again.

The other oddity is it only seems to happen when connected to mobile data for me, on wifi it works fine

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member

@ag_ana I sent an email to support@1password.com on 4th Jan, however I never received an automated response with the ticket number in it

Is there an issue with the support inbox?

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2022

@defiant

I do not see a message from the email address you used here in the community. Perhaps it's under something else. Could I ask you to resend the email or check any spam folders for the confirmation/support id message? Please let me know what you find.

The forum is public in nature. Please do not post the email you sent the support request from.

Edit: It looks like your support id's are listed in this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/comment/624585/#Comment_624585

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply @ag_tommy

I use a different email for 1password vs the forum email, I'll resend the email and see how it goes.

Those support ticket #'s are for the 6 month trial issue as opposed to the email I sent regarding the iOS sharing issue, though if you can see the email I used for those tickets then that was the same email address used for this issue

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2022

@defiant

I am working on the iOS issue being split off from the other ticket. The two issues were accidentally combined. Thanks.

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member

Sweet, thanks :)

• dgold105
    dgold105
    Community Member

Did you ever resolve this? I have the same issue regularly.

• @dgold105

Are you also unable to copy a secure share link from the 1Password app on either your iPhone or iPad? If you're running into the bug then I want to apologize for the inconvenience. Our developers are still investigating the issue and we hope to include a fix in a future update. Would you mind letting me know which version of iOS or iPadOS you're using?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

ref: dev/apple/issues#5528

• fastplane
    fastplane
    Community Member

iPhone 15.4.1

• @fastplane

Thank you for the iOS version and I'm sorry for the inconvenience that the issue causes. I've added your report of the issue to our internal tracker so that our developers are aware. 🙂

• Joshua5Joshua
    Joshua5Joshua
    Community Member

I'm also getting this issue.
    The issue appears to occur when a user the "share" button multiple times. The "get a Link to Share" modal appears to take a few seconds to load, so users will press the "share" button multiple times thinking it didn't work the previous times. However, this generates multiple "get a Link to Share" modals", which appears to affect the "Copy" button on the modal.
    It's happening on both my iPhone 12 Pro and iPad 5th generation.

• Thanks so much for letting us know @Joshua5Joshua ! I've added your notes to our internal tracker.

• alsonkaw
    alsonkaw
    Community Member

Hello, it's been half a year since this issue was first documented. Is there any updates at all?

I'm on the latest iOS version 15.5 on iPhone 13 Pro and have been haunted by this for months.

• @alsonkaw

I'm sorry to hear that you're also affected by the issue, our developers are still investigating and I don't have any updates to share at the moment. I've added your report to the internal work item open for the bug so that our developers are aware.

-Dave

• shiranja
    shiranja
    Community Member

Same here.
    And from reading the comments for the past 7 months. It looks like you guys need more dev power. A copy button failing to copy the url to the clipboard is a one sprint bug fix. Go hard with two.

Come on…

• williamjjp
    williamjjp
    Community Member

Same issue here. I have stopped using the password sharing because of this issue.

• @shiranja and @williamjjp

I'm sorry for the frustration that the issue is causing, I've added your reports to the internal work item as well. For the time being, you can create a secure share link using another device or using 1Password.com.

Thank you for reporting the issue.

This discussion has been closed.