Quick access is not detecting notes app on Mac

I have some of my notes password protected. That password is stored in 1Password. Whenever I launch quick access from notes app it does not detect it. Is there a way to specify which app certain passwords are referred to?

I know there was a way to add "app://" reference in URL section but it doesn't seem to work for me or I'm just doing something wrong.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: macOS 12.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Gevor:

I know there was a way to add "app://" reference in URL section but it doesn't seem to work for me or I'm just doing something wrong.

What app:// URL have you added to this password item in 1Password?

• Gevor
    Gevor
    Community Member

Right now it’s empty. Honestly I played with that string so many times that I don’t remember what was in there in the first place.

How is it supposed to look like for notes? And what is the general rule for adding such URLs?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Gevor:

Can you try the suggestion that I posted some time ago here to get the app URL, and see if that one works for you?

• Gevor
    Gevor
    Community Member

@ag_ana After following your instruction the URL looks like this: app://com.apple.Notes which is exactly how it used to look before I deleted everything. Still this doesn't work for me.

• Gevor
    Gevor
    Community Member

Am I the only one with this problem?

• Hi @Gevor:

Thanks for your patience on this as we come back from our holiday break! I've done some more digging into this, and I've confirmed that currently, Quick Access does not check against app:// URLs. With that in mind however, I can definitely see how it would be useful for this use case, so I've filed an issue to see if it's something our developers can take a look at and implement in the future.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#12044

• Gevor
    Gevor
    Community Member

@jack.platten Thanks for letting me know. It would definitely be useful if 1P implemented this!

• We appreciate the suggestion, @gevor!

This discussion has been closed.