File attachments to secure notes

jbadive
jbadive
Community Member

I'm trying to migrate from LastPass to 1Password and I've encountered a little problem.
I used to have many Secure Notes in LastPass that contained multiple file attachments. When I finished importing the data from LastPass into 1Password, everything seemed to have come through just fine. The Secure Notes were there as well, but the attachments were missing.
I thought that would make sense because uploading files through the CSV import doesn't sound like something possible.

I went and tried to upload the attachments after downloading them from LastPass, but there was no option to upload them to the Secure Note in 1Password. I did some research and found that it's possible to upload files through adding a Document. So I thought I could just replace the Secure Notes from LastPass with 1Password Documents. But it turns out it wasn't possible to upload multiple files to one single Document. There was an article that mentioned an option to "add more" files, but I couldn't find it.

If anyone could please point me in the right direction, either to an existing article with instructions or sharing instructions yourselves, I would greatly appreciate it.
I'm doing the 14 day free trial and this would be a little bit of a deal breaker. I don't understand why such a basic feature wouldn't be available.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @jbadive thanks for reaching out to us!

You can add multiple files to Documents, Secure Notes and other item types in the 1Password apps. As you posted on the Android page I'll share the steps to do so on 1Password for Android:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap Categories.
    3. Create a new item or select and edit an existing item.
    4. Tap add new section.
    5. Tap add new field.
    6. Tap Attach a file at the bottom of the list and upload your file.

Repeat steps 5-6 to continue adding multiple files.

• cdc2468
    cdc2468
    Community Member

Hello,
    The instructions posted above work on an android phone (thank you), but the attachment(s) does not appear on the web app.
    The following error displays in red just below "Section": This item has an unsupported field
    The attachment is a JPG (728KB).
    Any solution to that problem?

• Helle @cdc2468 thanks for your question!

At this time, the web app does not support attachments. You can access attachments through the apps or upload the JPG as a Document item. This is something we're tracking, and I've added your input to the issue we have on this.

ref: dev/b5/b5#14132

This discussion has been closed.