Default Collection in 1Password 8 App and Quick Access

Options

Many times that I launch 1P 8 or invoke Quick Access I'm taken to my full account, which includes some vaults I don't really want to see often (vaults associated with demoing 1P to family, and for older family members who need lots of computer help, basically). To avoid this I created a Collection of just those vaults I do regularly use. But it seems that 1P insists on launching into the full set of vaults most of the time. Is there a feature planned to allow me to set which Collection I want to be the default? I feel like this may actually have been a memorized setting, which Collection was in use, earlier in the beta, and has since regressed. At least, a few weeks ago I don't think I had this issue.

1Password Version: macOS App 8.5.0
Extension Version: Safari Extension 2.1.4
OS Version: macOS System 12.1

Comments

• Hi @alexclst - this should now be fixed in the most recent Beta release (8.5.0-79). Care to give it a try? We'd love to have your feedback and know whether this resolves the issue!

https://support.1password.com/betas/#install-a-beta-release-of-the-1password-app

• alexclst
    alexclst
    Community Member
    Options

At first check it seems fixed. But it also wasn't always switching back, so may take a while to know for sure.

• alexclst
    alexclst
    Community Member
    Options

@PeterG_1P it seems that this was not fixed. At least, when I just reopened the main 1P app it had again reverted to my full account, not the specific Collection I had last used.

• Ben
    Options

Hey @alexclst

I'm sorry about that. ☹️ I see my colleague Mike just opened a new issue for this a few hours ago so hopefully with that we'll be able to get final resolution on this.

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#12068

• xazac
    xazac
    Community Member
    Options

@PeterG_1P it seems that this was not fixed. At least, when I just reopened the main 1P app it had again reverted to my full account, not the specific Collection I had last used.

I have the exact issue and it’s very frustrating. Fix it asap, thanks.

• @xazac this is something our developers are working on. We'll hope to have more for you soon!

• @alexclst & @xazac,

Our developers have released a fix for this issue. Please try updating to the latest nightly specifically I can confirm 80500095 has this fix.

• xazac
    xazac
    Community Member
    Options

I still have the issue on iOS/iPadOS Safari extension.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @xazac

None of what was discussed here was in regards to iOS, I'm afraid. I'd recommend starting a thread in the iOS category about the difficulty you're having there. Apologies for any confusion. 1Password 7 for iOS and 1Password 8 for desktop are separate codebases with different teams working on them. As it stands 1Password for iOS doesn't support collections at all; that is a v8 feature.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.