1Password 8 connection issue

This discussion was created from comments split from: Linux desktop app not syncing.

Comments

• birchmeier
    birchmeier
    Community Member

Howdy, I am also seeing this issue:

ERROR 2022-01-05T15:39:32.352 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(16)) [1P:op-app\src\app\backend\sync.rs:81] Failed to sync account 2BI5WSNREFDDJA3M4Y54RUCKYQ. Error: SyncFailed(HttpError(IoError(IoError(error sending request))))
    ERROR 2022-01-05T15:39:32.352 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(16)) [1P:op-app\src\app\backend\sync.rs:95] Failed to sync account 2BI5WSNREFDDJA3M4Y54RUCKYQ. Retry on reconnect.
    ERROR 2022-01-05T15:39:56.040 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(7)) [1P:op-app\src\app\backend\updater.rs:177] AppUpdates(Http(IoError(IoError(error sending request))))

I am on Windows 10 (19042.1415) with 1Password for Windows (80400054, on PRODUCTION channel). This is a work device that does have it network connection set to always be on VPN. If I turn off my VPN, exit and open 1Password my account syncs.

• Hi @birchmeier:

Since you're running a VPN, is your work running any sort of SSL/TLS interception/inspection when you're connected to it? Let me know and I'll be able to dig into it further with you!

Just so you know, I've also split your post off into a new thread in the Windows section. :smile:

Jack

• birchmeier
    birchmeier
    Community Member

Hi Jack, thanks for the reply and move. Unclear, very large org with tight security so it may be blocked. I am use https://my.1password.com while on vpn. Can you speak to the domain the desktop app uses to sync?

• Hey @birchmeier:

Here is a list of domains we use: 1Password ports and domains

While it may not be blocked specifically, a network performing TLS or SSL interception/inspection has been something we've worked to improve on, and some fixes are currently available in beta that may smooth things out for you when you're on your VPN. To switch to the beta release channel, ensure that you're not connected to your VPN so that 1Password can successfully download the update, then follow these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Click your account or collection at the top of the sidebar and choose Settings.
    3. Click Advanced, then set “Release channel” to Beta. (Updates will be installed automatically when “Install updates automatically” is turned on.)

After the beta update finishes downloading, you'll be prompted to update 1Password by restarting the app. Give that a try!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.