Lock Icon in Firefox (Mac)

Options
nwebb
nwebb
Community Member
edited January 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi, 1Password has been working fine, but now it displays a padlock icon and I am unable to unlock it (clicking the extension does nothing / unlocking the main 1Password app does nothing).

I did a search and see I'm not the only one to encounter this, but the advice in the other threads doesn't seem to be working for me. Things I've tried:

• Reinstalling Firefox
  • Reinstalling 1Password Extension
  • Allowing 1Password to run in private windows (this was already the case, so I toggled it on/off)
  • Setting Firefox to 'Remember History' (this was already the case, so I toggled it on/off)
  • Checking the extension has full permissions (it does)

Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks :)

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.7

Comments

• Hello @nwebb,

I received your email to our support page not long ago, so if you don't mind, let us work on our problem there, and we can update the result here afterward.
    ref: XAI-77435-353

• nwebb
    nwebb
    Community Member
    Options

And you resolved it. Thanks so much.

For anyone else who stumbles across this post while searching for a solution: I have a license for 1Password 7 (rather than an online 1Password account). The extension I had, stopped working for some reason, and I needed to install the Classic Extension instead. Note: One thing that page doesn't tell you is how to install it - you can't 'open with Firefox' but you can drag the file onto Firefox's Extensions window.

• @nwebb

Thanks for sharing the solution with the community! Glad to hear it worked for you. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.