Browser extension doesn't find recently added items

after adding new logins through the new 1password 8 main app, the browser extension will take days to realize that there was an update. No matter whether I scroll through all items in the extension window, or look the item in question by using the search field, it does not show up.

1Password Version: 8.5.0 (80500046)
Extension Version: 2.2.0
OS Version: macOS 12.1

Comments

• mxe
    mxe
    Community Member

Issue still persists. this is how I can reproduce on macos:

1) open 1P 8 desktop app
    2) create new item (e.g. login "test1")
    3) open 1P extension in the browser (tried chrome, edge chromium)
    4) search for "test1" in the browser extension, doesn't find the new item
    5) open new tab & navigate to my.1password.com & login
    6) search for "test1" on my.1password.com, does find the new item

• Hi @mxe:

This is something we're investigating. In the meantime, does locking 1Password in your browser and unlocking it update and show recently added items? Let me know!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#11340

• mxe
    mxe
    Community Member

I tried this as I found an older thread with a similar issue mentioning this. Unfortunately, locking & unlocking doesn‘t update recently added items in my case.
    Thanks for looking into it

• Hey @mxe:

Thanks for updating that that doesn't seem to be fixing it. To take a further look at what could be going on, can you please collect a console log from the extension? To do that, follow these steps: Save a console log for 1Password in your browser

After saving the file, please send it attached to an email addressed to support+x@1password.com. After emailing it to us, you should receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to link your email conversation with what you've said here. I'll keep an eye out!

Jack

• mxe
    mxe
    Community Member

[#CSS-28724-972] sparse info but hope it helps!

• Thanks @mxe! I've located your conversation with us. Feel free to get in touch if you need anything in the future!

Jack

ref: CSS-28724-972

This discussion has been closed.