Privacy.com integration has never worked for me

Options

I started an account on Privacy.com after reading a 1Password blog post about their new integration. I have the integration enabled on Privacy.com's website, but 1Password has never offered me the option of a Privacy.com card. Am I missing something?

1Password Version: 8.5
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: MacOS 11.6.1

Comments

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

Add me to this question

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Pilgrim!

Can you give us an example of a website where the option is not appearing for you on the payment page? Or is this every payment form?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ajahn:

What is the issue you are experiencing? The same one where on any payment page you cannot use the Privacy integration?

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

When you open 1password in Chrome, then select "Credit Cards", should your Privacy cards show up in that list? I don't see mine there. I did find this video that explains how things work.
    https://youtu.be/Czu26pJKMaw

• Pilgrim
    Pilgrim
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Every payment form ever looks exactly like this image.

I only have 1 card added to my vault, and that card is the only thing that 1Password ever offers to fill. Attached is the 1Password website for my account, where I clicked "Add a new card" and then it offers to autofill the same Visa card that I manually added. It never offers to create a Privacy.com card, and it doesn't matter what website. The videos and support documents make it seem like it just appears in the list. Well, it doesn't.

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

Did you actually attach your 1password and Privacy.com together? Look in "Accounts" on Privacy.

Try it at https://fill.dev/form/credit-card-simple

Worked for me

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

Again, test it here: https://fill.dev/form/credit-card-simple

If you select create privacy you will get:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Pilgrim:

Let us know if ajahn's suggestions helped :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ajahn:

So did you manage to get this working after all? :)

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

@ajahn:

So did you manage to get this working after all? :)

Yes, worked for me

• Pilgrim
    Pilgrim
    Community Member
    Options

I already had Integrations for 1Password enabled on the Privacy.com > Account page
    I revoked access, then I clicked Connect. It asked me to choose one of my 1Password accounts.
    Then when I tried to connect, it said, "Unable to connect please try again later." I closed the pop-up and the 1Password integration on Privacy.com changed to look like the screenshot above that @ajahn had shared. In other words, it told me the integration had failed, but then the Account page displayed as though the integration was set up and running fine. I tried the Revoke / Connect cycle three times with identical results.
    This was on Safari 15.1
    Then I logged in to Privacy.com on Firefox 95.0.2.
    Again, it showed the integration set up. I revoked access, then clicked Connect again, choose my 1Password account to integrate and the connection went through fine. This issue has been RESOLVED.

The underlying issues are with Privacy.com's website.
    I identify three problems with the Privacy.com website. First, the integration failed multiple times for some reason. Second, even though the integration failed, it changed the box on the Account page to look as though 1Password was integrated. Third, from a UI perspective, on both Firefox and Safari the pop-up menu said "Choose an account". Even after I'd chosen an account, the menu still said "Choose an account". Expected behavior is that it then displays the account that you just chose.

BEFORE you choose an account, this is what displays, above.
    AFTER you have clicked the drop-down and chosen an account, the display looks exactly the same. It's a small issue, but while I'm documenting the other two, I might as well document this one. @ag_ana are you able to refer this to a Privacy.com forum?

• @Pilgrim

We don't have a direct line to a forum with privacy.com. If the issues you're seeing are specific to their site, then I'd recommend submitting a request via their support site here with a link to this discussion. I realize this is not ideal, but it would be the fastest way to get a response from them directly.

This discussion has been closed.