1Password repeatedly asks for master password on Safari

Options
Jouster
Jouster
Community Member

If I haven’t used 1Password since the master password timeout, it will repeatedly ask for the master password in Safari every time you fill in a password. This makes it very annoying to use, as you need to cancel the fill, go to 1Password and unlock it, and return. It makes the Safari prompt not only useless, but annoying. Is there any way to have it accept the password entered in Safari and unlock the app (or the Safari extension) for the same duration?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Jouster! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're being prompted for your account password more often than you expect. Can you tell me if you're using Password AutoFill or the new 1Password for Safari extension to fill passwords?

Can you also let me know if you've already enabled Touch ID or Face ID on your iPhone/iPad?

• MIENDA11
    MIENDA11
    Community Member
    Options

Greetings, I have this same or similar issue.

I’ve enabled 1Password via the extension process steps outlined in the link provided. When I click the aA link and select 1Password, it requests that I enter my master password.
    The next issue is that when I type in the master password, it says it fails.
    However, if I type my master password into the 1Password iOS app itself, it works just fine.

Any suggestions on how I may fix this issue?
    I appreciate your help.

iOS 15.3
    1Password 7.9.3
    Touch ID and Face ID not activated for use on phone.
    iPhone 13 Pro Max

• @MIENDA11

Do you see a Primary vault on your device? The Safari extension can only make use of 1Password.com accounts.

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

I too constantly encounter repeated requests to enter my master password. I use Firefox, not Safari. For example, if I log into my account on your website, the very next website I go a minute later that requires login credentials, 1P again asks for my master password before entering my saved credentials. This happens over and over on my iPhone. I have Autolock set to 1 hour.

• Hi @AMCarter3:

We've recently made improvements to how Face ID / Touch ID work across reboots. Are you on version 7.9.4 or higher of 1Password for iOS? In this and later versions of 1Password for iOS, Face ID / Touch ID no longer requires unlocking the main 1Password app at least once after a reboot to enable Face ID / Touch ID. If you haven't updated yet, please check for updates in the App Store: How to manually update apps on your Apple device - Apple Support

After updating, let me know if that improved your state of play!

Jack

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

I’m already on ver 7.9.5. I can’t say I’ve seen any improvement on this I issue.

This discussion has been closed.