Firefox Beta no longer allows selecting individual vaults

Recently I noticed the beta extension for Firefox seems to have changed the account selection UI. The old UI took two clicks to get into, but would allow me to select between All Vaults, All Vaults in an Account, and an individual vault. The new UI appears to only give me the former two options.

Are there any plans for selecting individual vaults to come back, or possibly a "Collections" mechanism that syncs with 1Password 8?

Unrelated: I also kind of miss how easy it was to switch vaults while autofilling in the classic extension of 1Password 7 (although this is not a fault of the beta extension, since the mainline one has the same problem).

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: 2.2.0
OS Version: 12.1

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @lucasec sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this. Just to check, are you in the Accounts & Vaults section in the extension settings (right-click the 1Password icon in Firefox's toolbar > click Settings > scroll to the bottom)? From there, I am able to select all vaults, all vaults in an account, and individual vaults in an account. If you're unable to do that, could you share a screenshot of your settings with us? What happens when you select or de-select an individual vault?

As for switching vaults when autofilling, I agree that the experience could be better. If your vaults are enabled in the extension settings though, the suggestions in those vaults should all appear and then you can select the login you'd like to fill. Are you seeing something different? Is there something specific that you want to see instead? Please let us know and we can report it to our developers.

• lucasec
    lucasec
    Community Member

Different actually, I am in the main extension window (left-click the 1password icon in the toolbar), and clicking the color wheel in the top-right. In the non-beta extension this would bring up a pop-over that allows a single vault to be selected. In the beta I get a menu with far fewer options.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@lucasec Thanks for clarifying that! The popup from the stable extension indeed allows for the selection of individual vaults while the popup from the beta does not. I have reported your feedback about that to our developers. There have been others who have reached out about the same issue. Hopefully this is something that our developers can work on in the future.

For now, if you have to filter for items, I would recommend selecting the individual account from the options. That would at least help narrow things down a bit. Another option would be to select your individual vault in the extension settings (right-click the 1Password icon in Firefox's toolbar > click Settings > scroll to Accounts & Vaults). I know these workarounds are not ideal, but hopefully they help you achieve your goals for the time being.

Appreciate you bringing this up. Let us know if there's anything we've missed, and let us know if you have any further questions.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#981

• lucasec
    lucasec
    Community Member

Thanks for confirming it's a known issue. Will be on the lookout for future improvements!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@lucasec You're welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.