I authenticate in the browser plugin and a new tab opens to "...1password.com"

I am subscribed to 2 accounts: one for work and one for personal/family. The corporate account uses Duo, too, for 2FA.

When I authenticate with the Firefox browser plugin, that works, but about 2 seconds later, a new tab opens to our corporate 1password.com web page. I usually just close the tab, because it's annoying, and then I go back to the previous tab and I can authenticate in as intended.

Is there any way to prevent this behavior?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: 10.15.7
Referrer: forum-search:Firefox AND tab

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@Ken_Mayer Hey there, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. It sounds like you're signing in via the extension in the browser and you're then being prompted to authenticate via your corporate 1Password.com page. This is expected, as the extension hands over authentication duties to our web interface. If you don't authenticate from the web interface then you'd basically be accessing a local cache of your data and not your live account. Unfortunately, authentication is not tied to unlocking at all.

I would recommend authenticating from your corporate 1Password.com page. Once you do, you should not be asked to authenticate again unless 1) it's been 30 days 2) you sign in through a new device. It also depends on how Duo has been configured on your corporate account; you can check with your corporate account admin about it.

I hope this sheds light onto what's happening. If I've missed anything, please let me know.

This discussion has been closed.