How to sync across devices?

thrakazog
thrakazog
Community Member

I have the app on my mac and on my iphone. In the phone app, I can manually sync (via icloud) and it says successful. On desktop there is no way to manually sync. There is no sync icon under preferences. Phone app shows 2 Comcast entries and 1 Xfinity entry. Desktop app shows 1 Comcast entry and no Xfinity entry. The 2 vaults are diverged and I can find no way to sync them.

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.0.1

Comments

• Hi @thrakazog:

It sounds like you may be using different sync methods across your devices. Since you mentioned iCloud on your phone, it sounds like you may have a separate standalone Primary vault synced using iCloud containing these new logins, but only have a 1Password account on your Mac.

To sort this out, if you do have a 1Password account, follow these steps.

Open and unlock 1Password on your iPhone, then tap the vault picker:

If you see a Primary vault visible, tap it and browse to see if the items that you don't see on your Mac are visible in this vault. If they are, move them to your Personal or Private vault by following these steps:

1. In any item list, scroll to the top and tap Select Items.
    2. Select the items. You can select all the items in the list using the checkbox above the list.
    3. Tap Move or Copy and choose a vault.

After moving them, you should see them on your Mac. After you've verified that everything looks good on your Mac, you can remove your old Primary vault from 1Password on your iPhone. To remove your old Primary vault, tap Settings > Vaults > Primary. Then tap Delete Vault.

Let me know how that goes!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.