macOS Beta Browser Extension - Safari, Firefox, Chrome

Options

I'm currently on the latest beta for macOS 12.1, 1Password v 8.5.0 (805000057) and have the beta extension installed on all 3 browsers. (FF & Chrome 2.20, Safari 2.1.4). However, whenever I try to unlock the extension in the browser, it immediately sends me back to the main 1Password application (unlocked).

The only way to seemingly unlock the browser itself is to go into the extension settings--> Accounts & Vaults and click the "Locked" button which brings me to the 1Password website to unlock. This behaviour does not occur in Windows with the latest Beta Application and extensions installed. Is this a bug or a feature? I have re-installed both the extensions and the application with no success.

1Password Version: 8.5.0 (805000057)
Extension Version: FF & Chrome 2.2.0, Safari 2.1.4
OS Version: macOS 12.1

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SleepyOwl Hey there, sorry for the delay in replying. It sounds like the extension is having a hard time communicating with the 1Password app on your Mac. Could you try the following in the browser with the issue to see if it helps?

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign out of your account.
    4. Sign back into your account.
    5. Go back to General, and re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".

After doing that, please lock and unlock the extension to see if it sync with the state of the app. Let us know how things go.

• SleepyOwl
    SleepyOwl
    Community Member
    Options

@Joy_1P Thanks for the response. I tried this today and it worked. However, this was an update pushed to the early access app for macOS, so I suspect that did the trick. Chrome and Safari worked without the fix above.

Is there a link for the early access changelogs? I'm only finding the ones for 7.x stable and beta ones.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SleepyOwl Glad to hear that things are working well now! As for the early access changelogs, check out the posts here: https://releases.1password.com. I hope that helps. If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out again.

This discussion has been closed.