Keyboard focus mismanaged after unlocking with desktop app / Windows Hello

Options

When 1Password is locked, and I want to sign into a website, to unlock 1P I either use the down arrow key or the Open 1Password button when focus is on the form field. I use Windows Hello / the desktop app to unlock. After unlocking using Windows Hello or the desktop application, I am finding that my keyboard focus moves to the Microsoft Edge's Settings and more menu button (three dots). Instead, I would expect keyboard focus returns to the form field I initially had focus on, so I can easily fill the password in.

I'm not sure if this is a limitation of any of the many pieces of software in play here, but it would be great if focus could move back logically. This would also be an accessibility improvement :)

I believe it used to behave as I would expect... can't recall exactly when it changed (1Password 8 upgrade menu).

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 11 21H2

Comments

• @GradyT

It sounds like this may be a regression. I've tested it out in the latest nightly build and it appears to work as expected in Microsoft Edge. Tested Chrome and Firefox, just for good measure, and it works there too. Would you be wiling to give it a try and let me know if it works for you there? You can test it out by going to Settings > Advanced > Release Channel and choosing Beta or Nightly from there.

This discussion has been closed.