1Password 7 + Vivaldi

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Browser extension problems in Vivaldi 🤬.

Comments

• dmbuil
    dmbuil
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! I am having some similar issues here :(
    Even though the lock status works fine, I haven't been able to make Touch ID to work with Vivaldi on my M1 Mac.

If I check the extension logs, I see something like this:

I tried to uninstall 1P extension a couple of times, unsuccessfully.
    Any ideas?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dmbuil

It appears the extension is trying to connect to 1Password 7 for Mac. Could you please confirm which version of the 1Password desktop app you're using? Additionally it appears the correct NativeMessagingHosts folder may not exist on your system. Instructions for setting that up can be found here:

https://support.1password.com/could-not-connect/

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• dmbuil
    dmbuil
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben,
    Thanks for your message.

The versions I have are the following:

• Vivaldi 5.0.2497.32 (Stable channel) (arm64)
    • 1Password for Mac 8.5.0 80500057, (BETA Channel)
    • 1Password Extension 2.1.4

I followed the instructions and you were right, the folder ~/Library/Application\ Support/Google/Chrome/NativeMessagingHosts did not exist. After creating the path and restarting 1P & Vivaldi , the .json file appeared and I copied it to Vivaldi's folder ~/Library/Application Support/Vivaldi/NativeMessagingHosts.
    But Touch ID does not work either :(

I've collected the console logs, in case you need them.

Thanks!

• ag_chantelle
    edited January 2022
    Options

@dmbuil

Thanks for following up! At the moment, 1Password 8 for Mac does not support integration with Vivaldi. Our development team is still working on this. If it's imperative to have Touch ID available for 1Password in Vivaldi on your Mac, then we recommend sticking with 1Password 7 until we have full support available.

ref: dev/core/core#11942

• dmbuil
    dmbuil
    Community Member
    Options

hi @ag_chantelle !

Surely I will stick to 1P 8 for the moment, as this is just a minor quirk/con versus the big "pros" list :D
    Thanks again for the great work!

Kindest regards

• @dmbuil

You are most welcome! As a side note, in case you're feeling adventurous, support for Vivaldi was added to our latest nightly build. If you'd like to take it for a spin, you're more than welcome to do so under Preferences > Advanced > Release Channel > Nightly. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.