Why so many pop-ups?

Options
Jeff Kingston
Jeff Kingston
Community Member

Here is an example of using 1Password on my system. Why are there so many popups? One when I load the page, Ctrl + Shift + X now just opens that second black popup and then I have to click the blue open password button to get another pop-up to open 1Password.

This used to be a clean process.

Chrome: 96.0.4664.110

1Password Version: 7.9.828
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 21H2 19044.1415

Comments

• Hi @Jeff Kingston:

Thanks for asking! It sounds like you previously may have not been using our desktop app integration between 1Password for Windows, and 1Password in your browser. When desktop app integration is used, 1Password in your browser will unlock using 1Password for Windows, similar to how you see here. With this, 1Password in your browser will stay unlocked for however long 1Password for Windows is unlocked, including if you quit your browser while 1Password for Windows is unlocked. Additionally, if you use Windows Hello to unlock 1Password for Windows, this unlocks 1Password in your browser as well.

If you'd like to turn this off however, and unlock 1Password in the browser and 1Password for Windows separately, follow these steps:
    1. Right click the 1Password icon in Chrome's toolbar > Settings
    2. In the general section, turn off the option "Integrate with 1Password app"

After doing this, 1Password in Chrome will require you to enter your account password to unlock, and will not share a lock state with 1Password for Windows. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.