Feature Request - Clickable Watchtower strength numbers

Fiala06
Fiala06
Community Member

I've been cleaning up my weak passwords by looking at all items and down arrowing until I find one that is "Fair, Good, Weak, etc.) after realizing these are not clickable.

Since the app already knows which are fair etc why not make them clickable! :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Fiala06:

Great idea! I can definitely see how this would be useful, so I've added your feedback to an internal issue we have tracking this feature request. Thanks again!

Jack

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#817

• PeterG_1P
    edited April 2022

Hi @Fiala06 - your requested feature has made it into the most recent Beta release of 1Password! 🥳 We thought you'd like to know.

While this isn't included (yet) in the standard Production release of 1Password, the fact that it's in the Beta version means it will likely make it there in the near future, after our usual Beta-to-Production testing is complete.

If you'd like to try it out, you can switch to the Beta channel by opening 1Password, then going to Settings > Advanced > Release Channel, and setting this to Beta. Now, lock the app and sign in again, and it will switch to the Beta channel for you.

In this most recent Beta release, you can then view your passwords by strength rating, like this:

1. Go to Watchtower
    2. Click on the color-coded bar beneath "Overall Password Strength."

This will open a list of your items, sorted by strength, with a label at the top of each section (so all your "fantastic" passwords appear first, and so on down the list).

And we hope this will be helpful as you assess which of your items may need to be strengthened!

Full details on this release, which includes a number of other features and additions as well, can be found here:

https://1password.community/discussion/128543/beta-12-of-2022-is-now-available-️#latest

• Fiala06
    Fiala06
    Community Member

Awesome thanks! Was it intentional to remove the counts and strength name? I can see them on hover was just curious.

• Hi @Fiala06 - I'm not sure about that, but we do recognize there's still some room for improvement and tweaks here. I hope at least that adding this functionality to the Beta is helpful for getting started with the password-strengthening process!

This discussion has been closed.