Unlock With Apple Watch - different M1 vs Intel

Options
VirgilBoy
VirgilBoy
Community Member

On my 2019 Intel MacBook Pro, the process is auto to the point of authorizing via the Watch. The M1 Mini always requires an extra step of clicking in the "Enter your password" box before the Watch asks for authorization.

Versions on both are the same. Is this a glitch or a limitation on M1??

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.5.0
Extension Version: 1 Password for Safari 2.1.4
OS Version: 12.1

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hey @VirgilBoy

I'm not seeing this with 1Password 8 on my M1 Mac Mini. If I click the Apple Watch icon all I have to do after that before the app is unlocked is double tap the side button on the Apple Watch. I recorded a video to show what I'm seeing:

https://bucket.agilebits.com/ben/202201068TTCqS0Z.mp4

At the beginning if the video I click on the screen twice just to demonstrate the visual effect the recording software adds for mouse clicks, so you can see that I'm not clicking on the 'enter your password' field at all.

I'm currently on the nightly channel. Which channel (or which build #) are you seeing this with? It might be worth updating to the nightly, at least temporarily, to see if that makes the difference. Please let me know.

Ben

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben

I am on the Beta...see screen cap. An update just came up which I installed. After testing both MacBook and Mini again, they seem to be functioning in the same way, no clicking on the Watch icon or in the Master Password box needed!

It would seem the update made a difference in the Mini.

Thanks for the quick reply!

• Thanks for the update VirgilBoy. Please let us know if that were to change.

This discussion has been closed.