autofill doesn't work on wireless router category items

Why doesn't autofill work on my router login page if I have the login saved as a "Wireless Router" category in 1PW? I have the correct URL saved with the login credentials in the item.

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 11
Referrer: forum-search:autofill doesn't work on wireless router

Comments

• @gmtom1_808

At the moment, 1Password is only able to autofill Identity, Credit Card and Login items. In order to autofill your wireless router credentials, you'll need to crate a separate Login item from the sign in page for your router. Once you have a Login saved, 1Password will be able to autofill as expected.

• gmtom1_808
    gmtom1_808
    Community Member

Ok, thank you for the explanation. Please pass along to the dev team that this really doesn't make sense, since it duplicates effort and also could result in a situation where data is not kept in sync between the two entries for a router.

• ag_chantelle
    edited January 2022

@gmtom1_808

I can see the value of being able to autofill items other Logins, Credit Cards and Identities. While I can't say if or when this will be available, I've shared your request with our development team. We appreciate the feedback here.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#33

• mcewanbr
    mcewanbr
    Community Member

Here to +1 this. I changed my SSID and PSK tonight and it was painful updating all my iOS devices because of this exact issue.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@mcewanbr Hey there, thanks for reaching out about this and sorry for the trouble. I've added your voice to the feature request. Hopefully it is something that can be improved in the future!

• valera5505
    valera5505
    Community Member

+1
    Almost every router has web configuration panel which requires authentication, it's weird that we can't keep all data regarding router in the single record with corresponding type

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@valera5505 I definitely understand. I've added you to the feature request. If you have any other questions, please let us know!

PSS-I-48

This discussion has been closed.