Masked email: associate to existing created masked email.

lighttea2446
lighttea2446
Community Member
edited October 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

After getting right 1password versions, the create masked email integration has been working great. One option I don't see that would be useful is to associate 1password login to an already created masked email in Fastmail (i.e. to establish integrated block / unblock integration link). Is there an existing option I missed or is this a planned option to implement?

1Password Version: 80500079
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @lighttea2446

I'm not aware of any specific plans regarding this, but I've run across instances where it would be helpful as well. I can certainly suggest it to the team. :+1: Thanks for sharing.

Ben

• lighttea2446
    lighttea2446
    Community Member

@Ben, thanks for the confirmation that I didn't miss an option nor on planned roadmap.

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

• lightwood3983
    lightwood3983
    Community Member

Hey @ben is it something that would be doable via the CLI?
    I understand that it might be a bit niche for the time being, but if the CLI can unblock that, a quick set of instructions could help tremendously

• FalacyNine
    FalacyNine
    Community Member
    edited February 2022

+1 this request, or having the ability to manually create a masked email in 1Password itself.

I just started to migrate all my accounts and there have been several times where the "Create Masked Email..." button either wasn't visible or didn't work. In those instances it would have been nice to create it from the 1Password browser extension or desktop app directly. I didn't see that option so in some cases I manually create them in Fastmail but when done that way, as this post indicates, you don't get the 1password integration.

• lightwood3983
    lightwood3983
    Community Member

Hello team!

With the recent of masked emails and the upcoming release of 1Password 8 for mac, it would be great to see the integration between the two.
    Currently 1password 8 early access shows the email field differently from custom email fields, no fastmail logo though (compared to the extension) and no ability to manage the masked email status.

The desired behaviour would be having an identical experience whether the extension or the local client are being used.

See 1password 8 beta
    1password8 beta

See 1password extension
    1password extension

1Password Version: 8.6.0
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided

• @lightwood3983

As it stands I don't believe the CLI helps us here.

@FalacyNine

Please do report those sites to us (in the 1Password in the Browser category), as it may indicate 1Password isn't properly detecting them as registration pages, but yes, ultimately I'd love to see us expand this out.

Ben

• lightwood3983
    lightwood3983
    Community Member
    edited February 2022

@Ben, I see you merged the request of support of visualisation of masked mails in the client with the conversation about the edition of the masked email field.
    I believe this might be a mistake as those are two different topics, albeit both related to masked emails.

• Same root issue. :)

Ben

• lightwood3983
    lightwood3983
    Community Member

Is it though?

I don't want to be contrarian, but the feature I was talking about is missing from the 1password 8 beta, but is already available in the web UI of 1password see:

That would indicate that the "different handling of the masked-email field" (with support of "block incoming emails") is a different thing entirely from the "being able to associate existing masked emails" which is a feature not available in any form of 1password client.

• The root issue is that the desktop apps don't yet have full support for masked emails. While we could theoretically do one without the other, they will likely come as a package when we implement broader support for masked email. In either event, our product team is aware of both of these asks. 🙂

Ben

• Grishkaone
    Grishkaone
    Community Member

Hello @Ben !

Any news on this topic ?
    I was creating a login on the https://www.sosmedecins.com/patient/newcompte website, and 1Password didn't offered to create a masked email. So I created on manually on Fastmail and added it to 1Password : it's only recognized as a standard mail address. 😞

Two option could be great :

• Manually creating masked email right from the app or the extension.
    • 1Password could recognize a masked email added after it's creation (or a menu to tell it is one).

Bye 🖖

• Grishkaone
    Grishkaone
    Community Member

Hi

Almost 1 month since last post, I take the liberty of bringing up this topic. 📫

This discussion has been closed.