1Password 8 for Windows is still just Beta?

ZERO269
ZERO269
Community Member

It appears that a great deal of functionality is missing in v8 that exists in v7.
After trying to update tags, creating duplicates, editing entries where I need to reorder things and change fields from Text to Password is no longer on option.
This is a horrible UPGRADE and I'll need to revert to v7 to regain full functionality of this program. This is bad for business.
You need to tag this version as Beta since it's a DOWNGRADE from v7. It's misleading and the hassle of having to revert to v7 is unacceptable.

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 v21H2

Comments

• Hi @zero269, I'm sorry to hear this has been your experience. We never want you to have a frustrating time with the app!

Since 1Password 8 is a complete rebuild - not an addition to existing 1Password 7 code, but a fully different product, built from the ground up - there are some features that are present (or more fully present) in 1Password 7 that haven't made it to 8 yet. That's true.

However, we do have requests filed for each issue that you've mentioned here, and we'll be happy to update you as they come along as well. I'd also like to point out that 1Password 8 comes with a much more modern, flexible, and powerful core that all but ensures that it is going to far outpace the previous generation of 1Password app (that is, in the areas where it hasn't already).

There are also features, some of which have recently come to 1Password 7, that were developed for 1Password 8, and which were then added to 1Password 7 as well.

We use 1Password 8 here every day and feel we have a really strong product to start with. But we also hear your feedback, and appreciate it - and we'll continue to incorporate this kind of feedback to keep making the app stronger yet.

If you'd like any assistance with reverting to 1Password 7, please send a short email to support+windows@1Password.com and we'll be happy to help. But I hope, even more so, that you'll check back in in the near future and find that there's no contest between 1Password 8 and any other password manager - even our previous ones. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.