What will be the export formats of the future and when?

Options
DeciusMus
DeciusMus
Community Member

Hello,

I saw that 2 posts mentioned that the only current export type for version 8 was the .1pux format which I don't know
I just subscribed to 1Password and so far, the lack of readable export (csv, txt) is the only (very) big negative point :(

In both posts, the team member mentions that the developers are actively working on other export options.
= > Could you tell us the choice of target formats (csv, txt, json, ???)
+ do you already have an implementation schedule?
it's 1 month after the first topic (which was dated November 25th) .... and I don't want to stress you out ;)

thank you in advance for your answer

1Password Version: 8.41
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hi @DeciusMus:

Great question! As you noticed, currently we have .1pux exporting in all versions of 1Password 8. Additionally, the beta versions have CSV export, allowing you to export into a more human readable format. We also have plans for .1pex exports, an encrypted backup option as well.

We generally don't commit to timelines until we're ready to release, so I'm hesitant to provide any specifics about timing just yet.

Jack

• DeciusMus
    DeciusMus
    Community Member
    Options

no problem... it was just a question. :-)

As I had read a topic with the same question from more than a month ago:

1. I was coming to the news a bit (making a csv export doesn't seem to be an absolute complexity (dixit the one who works in a Visual Studio development team :-))

2. in my company, we work in agile with fixed release dates known well in advance
      => my curiosity about your timing.

Anyway, do it well and don't drag it out too much :-)

This discussion has been closed.