Teams: Recovering Items from a Team Member's Private Vault

Options
SMPQ
SMPQ
Community Member

Hello!

I am evaluating 1Password to see if it will meet the needs of my business. As the owner/administrator, is there any way to recover information that has been saved to a team member's Private vault? Recently we had an employee suddenly quit and it has been a headache trying to recover company data from their accounts because there was no warning or time to offboard them. Or if that is not possible, is there a way to disable private vaults to force users to use shared vaults? It's a clumsy solution, but at least it would prevent a situation where data is unrecoverable.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @SMPQ:

Great question! Assuming any individuals in the future are storing their credentials in your 1Password business account, and are using an email account you control, then yes. An account administrator can perform recovery on the account, create new credentials, then access their Private vault data.

Additionally, we do have an open feature request for disabling the Private vault completely, so I've added your input there. Thanks again!

Jack

ref: internal/business-roadmap#75

• PasswordSchmassword
    Options

+1 for the option of disabling private vaults on a user or group basis. Zoho Vault has this feature and it's very useful.

• Thanks for adding your feedback here, @PasswordSchmassword. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.