In the desktop app, Option Delete and Cmd Delete do not do what they globally do in MacOS

tcpekin
tcpekin
Community Member

In MacOS, globally, Cmd+Delete usually deletes a whole line, whereas Option+Delete deletes a whole word, and these are very helpful shortcuts. I have gotten into the habit of using them in all text entry forms, no matter the program.

However, when searching on the 1Password desktop app, these shortcuts are not respected and instead prompt me to archive whatever search result is highlighted during the search. This becomes annoying when I am trying to delete all the of the search or the last word quickly when going through my whole list of passwords, in order to search for something else.

I think this is because Delete by itself is used to archive items. Personally, I almost never archive items, but regardless of how much I use it, I was wondering if there would be a way to change this shortcut (or more generally, change all the keyboard shortcuts instead of just the three), or have the search entry bar respect key combinations like Cmd+Del and Opt+Del. Would this be possible in a future update? It would be greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 12.1
Referrer: forum-search:Can I change all the shortcuts?

Comments

• Hello @tcpekin! 👋

I'm sorry for the confusion when using Command + Delete while searching in the 1Password for Mac app. At the moment it's not possible to change the behaviour of this shortcut however we do have an open feature request to change how Command + Delete works when searching and I'll add your feedback to the feature request.

Thanks for the suggestion and let me know if there is anything else that I can help with. :)

ref: dev/apple/issues#5380

This discussion has been closed.