Why can't I get real tech support rather than bot replies?

Options
2043Elmst
2043Elmst
Community Member

I have my subscription paid for, I have a secret key but have lost my master password. Tech support says emails saying it will help but nobody actually does anything! Been trying foe yearly 2 weeks - terrible customer support! Michael Bowser

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Nobody CAN actually do anything if you've lost your master password.

The support team can make suggestions as to ways to remember it again. They can also advise you how to create a new account.

But if you are looking for a way to get back into your account you're out of luck. It's one of the security features (that led me to decide on 1PW rather than another password manager). If it were possible to reset the master password, then it would be possible, even if unlikely, for someone to steal your passwords or lock you out of your account.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

As danco mentioned there is nothing 1Password employees can do to give you access to your data if you've forgotten your account password. This guide can walk you through the tips we have at our disposal:

If you forgot your 1Password account password or you can't unlock the app

Failing that, the only recourse would be to create a new account, move any remaining credit over from old to new, and delete the old. If that is what is required, our team can help with that via email.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.