Question about archiving a large amount of passwords

dbates6
dbates6
Community Member
edited January 2022 in Mac

Back before there even was an 'archive' function in 1Password, I created a separate vault for my old passwords. This has grown over the years, and now has many hundred of passwords in it. When I migrated over to a 1Password account, the old passwords vault came with me. Now, since 1Password has made it so easy to archive passwords in your current, active vault, I've got old passwords both in my current vault (under the 'archive' section), and in that whole other vault dedicated to old passwords. It looks to me as if each vault has its own, separate archive section. So, archived passwords in my current vault aren't the same as archived passwords in my "old passwords" vault.

I'd like to combine these, so that all of my archived passwords are in the 'archive' section of my current active vault, and I can delete my 'old passwords' vault entirely.

I'm not sure of the easiest, fastest way to do this. Do I have to move all of my old passwords back into my current vault and then archive them from there? That might be tricky, because suddenly I'll have duplicate entries for many of my sites, and it could be easy to make a mistake and archive the wrong one. Or is there some way to do this in bulk that I'm not aware of?

Thanks,

Darryl

1Password Version:_7.9.2
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
_OS Version:_Mac_12.1

Comments

• Hello @dbates6! 👋

You are absolutely correct that each vault has its own archive. The easiest way to move your items from your "archive vault" to the new Archive in your main vault is to archive all of the items in the archive vault and then uses the 1Password for Mac app to drag and drop the items from the archive of the "archive vault" to the main vault. You'll find that the items will be automatically placed in the archive of the main vault.

Let me know if that helps. :)

• dbates6
    dbates6
    Community Member

Thanks @Dave_1P!

I’ll give that a try and report back.

• dbates6
    dbates6
    Community Member

@Dave_1P

That worked beautifully. Thanks.

• @dbates6 It's my pleasure, I'm happy that I was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.