German Translation when 100% ready?

Freddi
Freddi
Community Member

Hi,
what can I do to finish the german translation? For example if I use the Windows Version and add a new Bank-Account, I get "name on accound" or "account nummer" (Kontonummer). How can I translate this?

The web-version seems to be ready and has a good translation.

Who can help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Freddi
    Freddi
    Community Member

Seems not a high priority for a user which pays for the programm? How can I do the translation?

• Roanoke
    Roanoke
    Community Member

Ich würde eigentlich behaupten, dass die deutsche Übersetzung so gut wie fertig ist. Wo gibt es denn da noch groß Probleme?

• Hey @Freddi:

As it currently stands, we don't offer crowdsourced translations or similar. Translations missing on Bank Account items is something we're aware of, and are actively looking into smoothing out, but I don't have any timelines to share at this time. I've added your input to the issue we have tracking this, and we'll follow up as soon as we've got more to share. Thanks for your feedback here!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#11180

• Freddi
    Freddi
    Community Member

Wie schon beschrieben, sind bei Windows APP das neue Objekt" quasi alle nicht übersetzt. Wenn man sich da einen Eintrag z.B. "Software License" einträgt ist alles in Englisch. Bei der Iphone App und in der Webversion ist das nicht so. Da ich wegen dem Komfort die Windows version nutzen möchte, geht es nicht. Ich nutze deswegen die IPhone App, was nicht so schön ist.

Sehr komisch, dass dieses (einfache) 1:1 Paste in der Übersetzung so viel Zeit beansprucht bei einigen hunderttausenden Nutzern :-(

• Roanoke
    Roanoke
    Community Member
    edited January 2022

Das ist mir bisher nicht einmal aufgefallen. Ich habe bisher nur die fehlende Übersetzung eines Eintrags in den Einstellungen wahrgenommen.
    Solche Kleinigkeiten sollten allerdings wirklich flott und günstig übersetzt werden können.

• Hey @Freddi and @Roanoke:

Thanks again for your feedback here, and as I mentioned, it is something we're looking at, both in the Bank Account item template, and across all of our item categories when being created. Keep an eye out in the future for improvements on this.

Jack

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I also wanted to point (again) to the German translation. Just installed the latest PRODUCTION (8.5.0) and the latest BETA (8.6.0-6) builds, and there are still a lot of none-translated words and phrases.

It would be really great if you could investigate here. :)

• PeterG_1P
    edited February 2022

Hi @DenalB, thanks for pointing this out! We're on it, and will be improving this going forward.

ref: dev/core/core#12662

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Great job done for the latest beta build 8.6.0-43 !

Thank you all. 😘👍

• Thank you @DenalB (and thank you for looking it over!). We were very excited to bring this localization improvement to the Beta 😄

This discussion has been closed.