my windows 10 pc says i have to install a compatible version of app. what's wrong?

Options
wefletcher
wefletcher
Community Member

when i attempt to install the windows version of the app on my windows 10 pc, i receive a windows error message saying the app is not compatible with my pc and that i need to obtain a compatible version from the software developer. how do i find a compatible version of the app?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Referrer: forum-search:istall app on windows 10 pc

Comments

• Jack.P_1P
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hi @wefletcher:

There are a few possible causes of this.

1. Are you using a Surface Pro X? The Surface Pro X is using an ARM64 processor, rather than x86, and 1Password 8 for Windows currently does not have ARM builds available. Windows 10 on ARM cannot currently emulate x86-64 applications which is our current available version of 1Password 8 for Windows. With Windows 11, this is supported however.
    2. If you're not using a Surface Pro X, do you have Windows 10 S mode enabled? Windows 10 and Windows 11 in S mode FAQ

Let me know and I'll be able to dig into this further with you.

Edit: I've amended the above to clarify that part 1 only applies to Windows 10, and with Windows 11, support for running x86-64 applications on ARM devices is available.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.