[Windows] 1PW8 Doesn't auto start with Windows

Options

I noticed recently if i click a field in my browser to sign in, it defaults to ctrl-. to login for about a good minute before I see the 1PW8 tray icon load and then the browser dialog changes and offers to unlock 1PW8. This cause me to realize that 1PW8 isn't loading on startup anymore. It doesn't show in task manager -> Startup tab either.

Both W10 and W11 exhibit this issue. I assume this isn't just the beta but posting here because that's what I'm using at the moment.

I've reinstalled both stable and beta versions of 1PW8 and I still can't get it to auto start.

1Password Version: 8.5.0-57
Extension Version: 2.2.1-beta
OS Version: W10-21H2 - W11+Dec Updates

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Pyotr_Giraffe!

Under 1Password Preferences > General, can you confirm that Start at login is enabled?

• Pyotr_Giraffe
    Pyotr_Giraffe
    Community Member
    Options

That option doesn't exist in: 80500057, on BETA channel

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Pyotr_Giraffe:

For a moment I thought I was going crazy, so I checked again and I confirm that the option should definitely be there in 80500057 on the BETA channel:

• Pyotr_Giraffe
    Pyotr_Giraffe
    Community Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

Your screenshot is from a Mac. Mine is from a Windows10 PC. I just checked my MacBook Air M1 and the option is there. I checked again on my Windows 10 work PC and my Windows 11 home PC and the option is missing from both as per my screenshot.

Interesting enough, there is a Startup entry showing in task manager, but that doesn't seem to work. (Clipboard01.jpg)

I right clicked the entry and opened the folder and it's a valid path:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\1Password\app\8 and that is indeed where 1PW8 is installed.

Even more interesting is the Startup entry is missing from my Work PC and the option to enable it in Prefs->General is missing. (Clipboard02.jpg)

• Pyotr_Giraffe
    Pyotr_Giraffe
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any troubleshooting to this or do I need to send in a support ticket somehow instead of asking here?

• Hey @Pyotr_Giraffe:

Thanks for following up, I've been doing some digging into this. We rely on Task Manager to configure the startup state of 1Password 8 for Windows, rather than a separate option in 1Password settings. We might need to take a closer look at what is going on here, so I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

Jack

• Pyotr_Giraffe
    Pyotr_Giraffe
    Community Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

XTE-31715-523

• Thanks, @Pyotr_Giraffe! Your email message has been received and a member of the team will be in touch shortly.

ref: XTE-31715-523

• Stanzilla
    Stanzilla
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue, was there any update on this? I think having the option back in settings like on mac would be the easiest for most users?

• Hi @stanzilla, we'll be happy to follow up about this with you individually. Could you send a short email to support+windows@1Password.com, with a link to this conversation? That way we'll know it's you and can start things promptly. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.