8.5.0 build 80500079 regression in quick access?

Options

Hi all,

My 1Password 8 beta app just prompted me to restart for an update, and immediately afterwards I'm noticing trouble.

First, when opening quick access, it defaulted to the very bottom border of my MacBook's internal display (with no external monitors attached). Any details of what I typed in ran off the bottom of the display, making it effectively unusable until I manually re-positioned the window.

It also seems the keyboard shortcuts to change collections in Quick Access have broken. E.g. pressing Cmd + 1 or Cmd +2 does not change the vault icon to the right, nor does it change what shows up in the search results.

Hope this helps track down some bugs!
Lucas

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• lucasec
    lucasec
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm, one interesting note is this build now seems to remember what collection I was previously set to on Quick Access, even after I lock 1Password (sadly the main app still does not remember).

• huffalumpy
    huffalumpy
    Community Member
    Options

+1 on the unreadable quick access being unusable - it's halfway off the screen.

• Hey @lucasec and @huffalumpy:

Thanks for letting us know, and we were able to replicate the issue with keyboard shortcuts not working to change collections. I've added your input to an issue and hopefully we can sort it out in the future. Thanks again!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#12090

• winterqt
    winterqt
    Community Member
    Options

First, when opening quick access, it defaulted to the very bottom border of my MacBook's internal display (with no external monitors attached). Any details of what I typed in ran off the bottom of the display, making it effectively unusable until I manually re-positioned the window.

@jack.platten I can also reproduce this on macOS build 80500079.

Here's my quick access window state data, if that helps:

{"id":1,"maximized":false,"bounds":{"x":433,"y":843,"width":0,"height":28}}

• Hey folks,

I've added your input to an issue we have tracking Quick Access not staying where you expect it to be. Thanks again for your feedback here!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#12056

This discussion has been closed.