Failed to fillFrame: Frame is missing uuid.

opr
opr
Community Member
edited December 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi there! We are developing websites locally (specifically developing the WooCommerce Blocks plugin for WooCommerce. We have noticed a bug when using 1 Password to fill in the address on the checkout form locally (but not on normal websites).

Failed to fillFrame: Frame is missing uuid.
(anonymous) @ injected.js:4
n @ injected.js:4

The related issue in the WooCommerce Blocks repository can be found at the following URL: https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce-gutenberg-products-block/issues/5428

Thanks in advance for your help :)

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: macOS Big Sur 11.5.2
Referrer: forum-search:fillFrame

Comments

• Hiya @opr! Jarek from the Browser Experience team here 👋

That's an interesting issue for sure. To make sure I'm understanding this correctly:

• The autofill operation is completing successfully and all fields are being filled as expected
    • However, on development sites only, the field validation routines aren't being properly triggered and are showing the autofilled fields as not being filled out properly

Does that sound right? Also, is there a good way to reproduce this issue on our machines (how hard is it to set up the test site mentioned in the issue?).

• opr
    opr
    Community Member

Hey there @ag_jarek

Yes you have understood perfectly, except I've looked into this again after the holidays and it is happening on normal sites too. I'm using Brave browser, by the way.

You may use my testing site to check this out https://1passbugtest.mystagingwebsite.com/checkout/ if you add some items to your cart from the Shop page, then head directly to Checkout, you can try autofilling the address there.

You may use the test card number 4242 4242 4242 4242 with any expiry and any CVV, when you press checkout the errors show up

If you need to set this up locally I can provide more instructions but it's a little more involved.

Thanks!

• Thanks for the link to the demo site @opr! That was very helpful :)

I took a look at that and as far as I can tell the autofill operation is completing successfully on our end; I didn't notice any errors coming from our scripts or other abnormal behaviors. I was able to reproduce the site not believing the inputs had been filled after we autofilled them, though.

I discovered something interesting; if I autofilled the fields, left the checkout page and returned to my cart, and then clicked "Checkout" again, the fields would be pre-filled with what I had autofilled prior to leaving the checkout page.

If I autofilled new data into the fields at that point and clicked "Place Order", everything worked great and the site didn't complain about the fields not being filled out. Given this discovery, it looks like we need to work out how to get the site to recognize 1Password has autofilled data so that it knows the fields do indeed have data in them.

Here are the steps our fill script takes in order to autofill each individual field:

• Click the field
    • Focus the field
    • Dispatch three events for the field: KeyDown, KeyPress, KeyUp
    • Set the value of the field to the data being filled (element.value = value;)
    • Dispatch five events for the field: KeyDown, KeyPress, KeyUp, Input, Change
    • Set a background color on the field to denote that it was filled
    • Blur the field

The best way for the site to recognize that 1Password has filled data would likely be to notice that the field has a non-empty value. Otherwise, the above events that we trigger on each field in the process of performing our fill should provide some useful places to know to run input validation.

Let me know if that helps out! I'd be happy to answer any further questions as they arise.

• opr
    opr
    Community Member

Hi there, thanks for looking into it!

if I autofilled the fields, left the checkout page and returned to my cart, and then clicked "Checkout" again, the fields would be pre-filled with what I had autofilled prior to leaving the checkout page.

Ah this is part of the WooCommerce Blocks functionality, it saves your data in a draft order so when you return you don't have to fill it in again.

Interesting discoveries you've made, what I am seeing is that when going via the browser extension button and autofilling from this panel

the onBlur event is fired.

When using the autofill this way, via the autocomplete box attached to the input it isn't.

You can execute this script on the checkout page in the JavaScript console to listen for onBlur events and see which fields and what the values are when they're blurred.

const x = i => console.log( { id: i.target.getAttribute( 'id' ), value: i.target.value } ); Array.from( document.getElementsByTagName('input') ).forEach( a => a.addEventListener( 'blur', x ) );

• @opr interesting! Thanks for pointing that out, I dug into that and you're absolutely right. We are calling element.blur() on elements when we're done filling them, but for whatever reason that doesn't appear to be consistently firing blur events across all browsers (in Firefox the blur event seems to almost always be firing, while in Chromium-based browsers it's firing in less circumstances). I tried manually firing a blur event on elements being filled via element.dispatchEvent(), and sure enough, input validation on https://1passbugtest.mystagingwebsite.com/checkout/ was then perfectly happy. No issues.

I'll file an issue for this internally so we can look into things and see what we can do to ensure consistent blur event behavior across all browsers. Thank you for bringing this up!

• badkrash
    badkrash
    Community Member
    edited March 2022

I have the same issue as the one described in this thread.

Using Chrome browser Version 99.0.4844.82 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    1Password Extension Version 2.3.2

I can see the option for 1password extension to fill in my credentials, but it does not fill the form. I see the following error in the debug console.
    `Failed to fillFrame: Frame is missing uuid.

n @ injected.js:4`

Also it turns out that the form does get filled after some time. During the time I was searching around the internet about this issue and wrote this comment, the form got filled.

• badkrash
    badkrash
    Community Member

I have the same issue as the one described in this thread.

Using Chrome browser Version 99.0.4844.82 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    1Password Extension Version 2.3.2

I can see the option for 1password extension to fill in my credentials, but it does not fill the form. I see the following error in the debug console.
    Failed to fillFrame: Frame is missing uuid. (anonymous) @ injected.js:4 (anonymous) @ injected.js:4 (anonymous) @ injected.js:4 n @ injected.js:4

Also it turns out that the form does get filled after some time. During the time I was searching around the internet about this issue and wrote this comment, the form got filled.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @badkrash thanks for reaching out about upwork.com. We were able to replicate the issue that you described, and we have reported it to our developers. For now, I recommend clicking/dragging or copying/pasting to fill your login on the site. Hopefully our developers will be able to implement a fix for filling on the site in the future!

ref: dev/core/core#13946

This discussion has been closed.