[MAC] Quick access not returning items from a matching category or tag

In my "Bank Accounts" category I have 8 bank accounts entered all tagged with the word "bank". However, if I use Quick Access to search for the word "bank", not a single item from the Bank Accounts category or with the "bank" tag appears in the results.

Only items with the word 'bank' in their title appear. Why?

If I search for the word "bank" in the main 1Password app, then the bank tag and Bank Accounts category show up as individual selectable items, but none of the actual items tagged or in the category show up. Only if I go all the way down to the bottom of the results and select Show all matching items, does the main window then show the expected matches.

Shouldn't the Quick Access search show items tagged or in a category that matches what you are searching for? If not, why? It just adds extra steps for finding what you want. And why doesn't the Quick Access search result have a Show all matching items option like the Search in the main app? What's the reason for the inconsistency?

1Password Version: 8.5.0 (80500082)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7

Comments

• Hey @snozdop:

Currently, Quick Access does not search tags, but I can definitely see how it would be handy to search tags. I've added your voice to a feature request we have on this. Thanks again for your feedback!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#10117

This discussion has been closed.